The Fertile Body Method
A mind-body approach to fertility developed by Sjanie Hugo.
Mind-body medicine is any method in which we use our minds to change behaviours or physiology in order to promote health or recover from illness.
The ability to conceive and bear a child is taken as a given. This makes unexplained infertility very distressing for the couple involved. Assisted fertility can be invasive and distressing. Whether a couple is looking to increase their chances of conceiving naturally or using alternative therapies to boost the chance of success with IVF etc complementary therapies can provide the solution.
The Fertile Body Method is a mind-body approach to fertility problems that is based on a holistic health model. It combines a variety of hypno-psychotherapeutic approaches and is a therapeutic framework consisting of six stages of treatment. Some or all of the stages are included in a personalised treatment plan for each couple.
The process helps increase fertility by:
- Reducing stress and increasing feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Identifying and resolving issues that may be preventing conception.
- Preparing the couple for conception.
- Providing support.
It helps to address and reduce the effects of infertility by:
- Restoring self esteem and self worth.
- Working through emotions
- Build coping skills and inner resources
- Ensuring physical and emotional needs are met.
- Resolving relationship problems.
- Increasing sexual intimacy and affection.
- Reducing the negative impact of fertility treatment medication
- Providing emotional support.
How I work with fertility clients?
The focus of my work is not just about hopefully getting pregnant, but also about helping my male AND female client to re-establish control over their lives. Talking to a stranger with an objective viewpoint and no agenda can be immensely liberating.
Treatment plans are personal to each couple, where appropriate, working in conjunction with other specialists to create well co-ordinated combinations of treatments.