Hypnosis for Childbirth
Birth has the potential to be one of the most wonderful experiences of our lives. Childbirth is a natural physiological process that a woman’s body is fully equipped for. Each birth is unique, and the Easibirthing method is about empowering you to manage your individual experience, not fear it.
When the baby came out in the pool it was one of the most amazing experiences and I was so happy I hadn’t had any pain relief to mask those feelings, I really feel it has helped me bond with my gorgeous baby.
Emily’s birth quote (1st baby)
The Easibirthing® Method
The program consists of 5 sessions for the mum-to-be and her birthing partner. This can be her partner but can also be a friend or relative.
You will be taught to use self-hypnosis, relaxation, visualisation and breathing methods to prepare mind and body for birth. The easibirthing® method teaches you how to use hypnosis for pain management and aims to boost your trust in your body so you enter labour feeling calm, confident and in control.
This is about reaching a state of deep relaxation, maintaining perception of control over the process and developing a positive attitude.
It is about changing your expectation of birth so that you help rather than hinder the natural process, and develop valuable life skills for parenthood.
Group sessions take place on two consecutive Saturdays from 1000 hrs to 1330 hrs.
Individual programs are tailored to each couple
- Reduce or eliminate fear
- Produce pervasive relaxation
- Significantly diminish or eliminate the need for medication; thereby eliminating its risks and post-delivery effects for both mother and child
- Increase the rate of spontaneous vaginal birth, reducing the need for intervention
- Shorten the period of labour; by reducing anxiety during each stage
- Make it possible the management and control of sensations of discomfort
- Promote a steady recovery
- Foster and increase positive emotions during the entire birth process
- Help you create of an experience which has positive memories attached
- Reduce incidence of post-natal depression
- Stimulate and maintain a strong energy level into the post-delivery phase
- Promote lactation for breast-feeding
- Calmer, more laid-back baby